The evidence from the Libyan government itself makes clear that Gaddafi had no
intention whatsoever of continuing with "national control of Libya's oil and
water resources".

http://sdapem.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/reuters-libya-to-privatise-half-of-economy-in-a-decade/

It's not like this is a new revelation I'm posting here. This link is to a story
from April *last* year, and the information has been posted here before. There's
been plenty of information posted here demonstrating how business and investment
friendly Libya had already become. Any suggestion that Gaddafi planned to keep
"national control of Libya's oil and water resources" in the light of their
planned 100% privatisation of the economy seems to me devoid of credible
supporting evidence. Unless private ownership by the Gaddafi family and cronies
would count.
Cheers,
John