If it's broadened horizons, David, my piece was well worth posting.  United
Mine Workers wasn't very effective at all in the West -- and the NMU, against
monumental odds, did a fine job at Gallup -- a really hard-case town to put it
mildly.  I personally know its setting very well.  The positive  ramifications
of the Galllup strike were considerable across the region.  In a far better
known situation, the Great Colorado Coal Strike [all three of the state's coal
fields], 1927, the IWW -- in the face of great odds, including the "first"
Columbine Massacre -- won significant gains.
http://www.hunterbear.org/embree.htm

Best, H

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /St. Francis
Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'

I have always lived and worked in the Borderlands.
Our Hunterbear website is now eleven years old..
Check out http://hunterbear.org/directory.htm

See - Personal and Detailed Background Narrative:
http://hunterbear.org/narrative.htm

See this on the new, expanded edition of my book,
Jackson Mississippi -- the classic
account of the historic and bloody Jackson Movement of almost
50 years ago:  http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm

And see Shooting Lupus (my killing a deadly disease that
did its best to kill me):
http://hunterbear.org/shooting_lupus.htm