Could you please advertise these 2 events (below)?
Many thanks,

Chris

1:

Radical Anthropology Taster Day:

The science of myth, magic and folklore

Saturday,
Sept 17, 11 to 5 p.m.

Room: V221,
SOAS campus, Vernon Square, Penton Rise,
London
WC1X 9EW

(near Kings
Cross)

11.10
Introduction to Human Origins

(Chris
Knight, 40 mins plus discussion)

12.00
Workshop on decoding fairytales: Sleeping Beauty

(Chris
Knight, 60 mins, plus discussion/lunch)

1.45
Lunarchy: Hunter-gatherers and the Moon

(Camilla
Power, 40 mins plus discussion)

2.45
Film show: The Moon Inside You

(60
mins, plus discussion)

4.00
Discussion space. What can we learn from anthropology about making
another world possible?

This event
is free, and all are welcome; if you can, please bring snack foods to share
over lunch. Some drinks will be provided, plus bookstall space.

Run by the Radical Anthropology Group

in association with SOAS Student Union

www.radicalanthropologygroup.org

for more info or to secure a place,
email: camilla.po...@gmail.com
2: An Evening Class Introduction to Anthropology:

From Evolution to
Revolution

Autumn Term Syllabus 2011

Sep 20      The
science of myth, magic and folklore         Chris Knight

Sep 27      The origins of culture and society                               ’’

Oct 4
      Totem
and taboo                                                       ’’

Oct 11       Early
human kinship was matrilineal                          ’’

Oct 18       The
myth of primitive matriarchy                              ’’

Oct 25      Noam
Chomsky’s politics and linguistics                     ’’

Nov 1
      Apes
Like Us: Confessions of a primatologist  Volker Sommer

Nov 8       Why
don’t apes speak?
                             Chris Knight

Nov 15       The
origin of our species                               Chris
Stringer

Nov 22       ‘Woman’s biggest husband is the Moon’        Jerome Lewis

Nov 29       How women initiated the French and Russian
revolutions    Mark Kosman

Dec 6       Neanderthals and the symbolic revolution      Camilla Power

Dec 13      A
Christmas  fairy tale: The Shoes
that were Danced to Pieces Chris
Knight

All lectures are held at the St Martinʼs Community Centre, 43 Carol St, London
NW1 0HT (2 minutes from Camden Town
tube)

Tuesday
evenings, 6.15–9.00 pm.