Friends:

The new enlarged and updated edition of my book, JACKSON MISSISSIPPI: AN
AMERICAN CHRONICLE OF STRUGGLE AND SCHISM, is now available for purchase.  The
publisher is Bison Books/University of Nebraska Press.  The publisher's link, a
bit further down,  discusses the book, provides several reviews, and carries
ordering information.

The initial Introduction in the two earlier editions has been replaced by one
written by me.  This is, in many ways,  a large, additional chapter [about 9500
words] which up-dates Mississippi, discusses our family's always interesting
experiences since the first edition of JM appeared in 1979, and contains
supplemental autobiographical material.  And, of course, it also contains
something of my reflections as a life-long social justice organizer.

The dedication:

For Eldri and the Family -- truly a Golden Horde

And in memory of Doris and Ben Allison and Medgar Wiley Evers

Thus this will likely be my basic autobiographical memoir.  As a corollary to
that, however, I must say that my health is fine.

The University of Nebraska Press is one of the largest university presses in
the country.

Here is their announcement of Jackson, Mississippi:  (Click on the photo and
it'll get bigger.)
http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/product/Jackson-Mississippi,674910.aspx

(You may also wish to check out the front page of our very large Lair of
Hunterbear website.  We have rearranged that and it now carries, among other
new dimensions, about three dozen of our representative links.  Makes for quick
and easy reference. www.hunterbear.org

Also, if you know of other people who may be interested in our Jackson
Mississippi message, I would be much obliged if you could pass this along.
Many thanks.)

In the Mountains of Eastern Idaho

Nialetch/Onen/Solidarity

Hunter Bear (Hunter Gray / John R. Salter, Jr.)

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /St. Francis
Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'

Our Lair of Hunterbear website is now almost 12 years old.  It
contains a great deal of primary, first-hand material on Native
Americans, Civil Rights Movement, union labor, and organizing
techniques -- and much more.  Check it out and its vast number
of component pieces.  The front page itself -- the initial cover
 page -- has about 36 representative links.
www.hunterbear.org

See - Some Basic Pieces in our Jackson Movement
"Scrapbook"  Three consecutive web pages -- primary
documents, photos of beating and demonstrations,
oral history components, much more.  Begin with
http://hunterbear.org/a_piece_of__the_scrapbook.htm

And see this on the new, expanded and updated edition of my book,
Jackson Mississippi -- the classic and fully detailed account of
the historic and bloody Jackson Movement of almost 50 years ago:
http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm