On 7/22/64 2:59 PM, Glenn Kissack wrote:
Can someone recommend good works on understanding Stalin himself but also
how how he became a Bolshevik and how he was able to take power? Obviously a
non-Stalinist and not a Western propaganda treatment.

Tristan

A friend sent me this article recently: a scholarly account of Stalin's
organizing in Baku from 1907 to 1908. Stalin's stature in the Party was largely
based on the organizational work he had done in the decade prior to the October
revolution.

Glenn

Glenn sent this to the list as an attachment, something that we filter out in order to prevent viruses, worms, etc. I did put it up on the Marxmail website, however:

www.marxmail.org/Stalin.rtf