On 28.12.2011 11:51, Greg McDonald wrote:

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Einde O'Callaghan<eind...@freenet.de>  wrote:

Just saw the  american version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
It is actually quite good, possibly better than the original version.

I don't know if you've seen the Swedish version. I don't believe it was
released dubbed into English.

Einde, the Swedish version IS the original version. All 3 movies have
been available for instant streaming on netflix for at least a year.

I know that the Swedish version is the original film version - I have all three films on DVD.

I'll draw my own conclusions on the the Hollywood version when it opens here in about 2 weeks.

I'm pleased they didn't try to relocate it to the US - as happened with "Edge of Darkness" - the BBC's version of the latter was way superior to the Hollywood remake.

I didn't realise the Swedish original was available on netflix. Ha it been dubbed into English or is it with subtitles?

Einde O'Callaghan