We are getting ready for a SCMS conference in Chicago next year and every
year the price of the rooms drives the grad students, adjuncts, and
underempolyed members crazy in trying to find rooms that are reasonable. It
seems I recall conferences where hotel digs are there for those who can
afford it, but other arrangements are made at local colleges, universities
to help defray the costs of attending Chicago for a conference. Please
forward this to anyone else who has experience in these types of situations.