I never stated that the Syrian people do not have a right to defend
themselvesagainst brutal force from al-Assad mercenaries and loyalists
attackingcivilian centers. What I said was that Marxists and all those who
oppose imperialism,should not support France, Britain, United States, Turkey
and Israelmilitaries attacking Syria.  Obviously there will be a growing
armedresistance to Bashar al-Assad's reign - but that needs to be done by the
Syrians and not to support any imperialists military actions. A serious person
can not ignore the bloodshed of Syrians takingplace, or can one ignore the
reasons for this bloodshed, based onreligion - and flamed by the imperialists
to distable and weakenSyria. If you believe that an imperialist military
intervention will benefitthe Syrian people, please understand history's lessons
on this -and re-think where this view and real policies and actions willlead
to.  It will not be a better government as we can witnessin both Iraq and
Yugoslavia today. When a large power's military destroys or weakens another
nation'smilitary, it strengthens imperialism - and encourgaes their
furtherintervening in the internal situation of other nations.  Did we notsee
European colonialism spread around the world and earlierempires in this world -
and always with some nice justification oftheir helping the unfortunate local
peoples! One can not ignore U. S. imperialism as the major threat toworld peace
and real justice and it only seeking strategic gainsfor world domination and
not to support anyones rights or endlocal terror.  It uses words and implies
betterment, but deliversexploitation and death.  It follows the British
Colonial model andonly modernizes with some language but maintains the
realpower of a large military dominant force.  The U. S. militaryis not a
liberating force comrade!  I am also sorry to see peopledie and suffer under
the al-Assad regime - but  Syria is notcurrently expanding naval forces in the
Pacific Ocean to preparefor military confrontation against China and it is the
U. S. militarypartner Israel that most wants to destroy the Syrian military.
Anyone living inside an imperialist nation must separate theirstatus from what
the imperialist nation is doing to many otherpeople throughout the world - and
not just look at only onenation, but see the bigger picture - of who benefits.
Marxists and those struggling against injustice must always look at whobenefits
and who is harmed or bettered by events and actions.There is no defense for U.
S. imperialism's military weaponryand there is no excuse to not understand the
strategic purposefor What comes from these military forces and actions.  It
willlikely not a better situation for most Syrians under Hillary Clinton'srule
than Bashar al-Assad.  Or do you believe her words andignore her nation's
deeds?