This is not a party or a cyberparty.  It's a moderated list and should
be used for what it can be used to do.

When i've diosagreed with louis on these decisions, I've still been
able to appreciate the logic of his choices and to be grateful that
he's making the decisions and taking the heat. Believe me, if I were
moderating this list, it wouldn't get moderated and everything would
degenerate into a kind of social democratic white noise with episodic
spasms of sectarian manifestos denouncing betrayals in places the
authors have never visited.

We are all guests in Louis' parlor, talking on his dime, as it were.
If we don't like that, offer a better arrangement.

ML