I haven't had time yet to read the whole essay by critiqueofcrisistheory,
but I skipped to the end for the conclusion -- where he claims that Baran
et al. believed the working class in imperialist countries were hopelessly
bought off and that's why the MR crew were Maoists.
Is that an accurate assessment in general of their beliefs? Does the
newly-unearthed document have anything specific to say about that?
And more importantly, does the continuation of their legacy in John Bellamy
Foster's economics writing maintain this position?