Seymour: "as far as we know the actual flow of weapons is very small and
light, and is coming not from 'Western imperialism' (the US has absolutely
refused to send weapons), but from the black markets and some from the Gulf
states."

I wonder what it's like to be so naïve? I'd cut Richard some slack, but it's
already five days after we learned (e.g.,
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/02/us-usa-syria-obama-order-idUSBRE87
01OK20120802 ) that Obama "earlier this year" signed a secret "finding"
authorizing support for the rebels, and LONG after anyone with two brain
cells together knew that was happening (and long after the U.S. provision of
"communications gear" to the rebels was openly acknowledged). Yes, the
latest leak claims that "The White House is for now apparently stopping
short of giving the rebels lethal weapons, even as some U.S. allies do just
that," but let's note the word "apparently," also note the likelihood that
the U.S. has provided assurances to its allies that it will gladly replace
any weapons that they transfer to the rebels.

As for the evidence that the "actual flow of weapons" is "very small and
light," as well as the claim that "the US has absolutely refused to send
weapons," in Richard's honor I'll go with my favorite Britishism:
balderdash.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com