> Of course we should be honest and up-front about any of Marx's failings (his
> personal treatment of his wife has always stuck in my craw, and in general he
> seems to have been a pretty miserable bastard).

Perhaps I haven't read the right biographies, but the ones I've seen argue that
Marx had a particularly close and warm relationship with Jenny and his
children, who adored him. This includes Mary Gabriel's recent book, Love and
Capital. This despite serious family problems of debt, ill health and the
pressure of Marx's writing and political work.

Glenn