An interesting follow-up to yesterday's Times article about rebels making
their own weapons, which I forwarded and commented on (see below).

Today the Times profiles an emigre' group trying to funnel money to the FSA:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/world/middleeast/syrian-group-in-united-states-seeks-to-arm-rebels-against-assad.html?_r=1&hpw

The group is way too in bed with the US government. The big question
however is who actually gets the money on the ground.

This info by the way confirms what was said at a forum on Syria in NYC, in
which the speaker said the vast bulk of the money for arms comes not from
any government -- US, Saudi or Qatar -- but from emigres.

PS: See another article on the LCC's code of conduct. Note the list of
endorsing organizations. It looks impressive, i.e. a wide range of
locally-based groups. Of course only a Syrian could tell us how
representative it is:
http://syriafreedomforever.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/372/

PPS: Go Morsi! Fuck the rules of bourgeois diplomacy!