Dear readers,

This week we were pleased to publish a wonderful essay by Samantha Allen on
“CounterPunch and the War on Transgender People.” It’s a moving piece that
brings to life the type of discrimination that trans* people experience on
a daily basis.

In the piece, Allen laments the fact that portions of the Left, including
some self-described feminists, are still bullying this vulnerable
population. What’s more, these reactionary voices are even finding outlets
in some of our best publications, like *CounterPunch*. As Allen writes,
“…pundits of both liberal and radical varieties can demonize us, ignore us,
and question our legitimacy because they can get away with it.”

For the rest of the appeal:
http://jacobinmag.com/2013/07/help-defend-jacobin/

Original article:
http://jacobinmag.com/2013/07/counterpunch-and-the-war-on-the-transgendered/