From what I can tell, this story probably relates to the licences referenced in
the following written parliamentary question -
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmquad/205/205we19.htm

This would mean the licences were granted in January 2012 rather than this year
- this is consistent with the date being ten months into the Syrian conflict.

From what little I know re chemistry, I think sales of potassium flouride are
more likely to look questionable than sodium flouride. However, if the EU knew
by later that year of the possible uses of these agents, I am sure the UK
government did as well.

Solidarity,
Ian

Sent from my iPad