I like Sir Nice [how can you not trust a man with a name like that] I cite
him in

*Syria Sarin Blame Game: Is Carla Del Ponte at it again?
*<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/05/syria-sarin-blame-game-is-carla-del.html>

Carla Del Ponte's history of "Out of Court" statements in the service of
> [...]
> interview for "Dnevni
> Avaz<http://www.avaz.ba/vijesti/intervju/carla-del-ponte-je-naredila-da-se-ramus-haradinaj-optuzi>"
> according to a translation by Ina
> Vukic<http://inavukic.com/2012/12/02/croatia-artificial-apportionment-of-criminal-responsibility-the-hideous-legacy-of-carla-del-ponte/>
> .
>
> This simply was not the reality of this conflict and it led her to push
> through indictments on non-Serbs with little or no evidence. This *"artificial
> apportionment of criminal responsibility"* has been called *"the hideous
> legacy of Carla Del Ponte."* She was responsible for the indictment of
> nine high-ranking non-Serbs that spent cumulatively more than 40 years in
> detention before they were acquitted.
>
> Sir Nice
> described<http://inavukic.com/2012/12/02/croatia-artificial-apportionment-of-criminal-responsibility-the-hideous-legacy-of-carla-del-ponte/>how
>  it was in the case of the indictment of Prime Minister of Kosovo Ramus
> Haradinaj, who was later acquitted:
>
> An experienced lawyer and I wrote to Carla Del Ponte just a few months
> before the issuing of indictment, alerting her that she cannot issue an
> indictment without the consensus of the legal board, which is a kind of a
> test regarding the viability of an indictment based on the amount and
> strength of evidence. This was otherwise the usual practice among lawyers
> of the Prosecution during Louise Arbour’s time, before Carla Del Ponte came.
>
> We explained to her that testing of the indictment was necessary so that
> the most experienced lawyers could be given the opportunity to comment.
> But, Del Ponte refused. Just as when she abolished the practice of a
> professional board when other indictments were in question
>
> But as Nice told it,
>
> Her official power was big. She, as an individual, could bring such
> significant decisions without any consensus from her office.
>
> So she could issue indictments that proved her political thesis that both
> sides were equally responsible, regardless of the facts, at least until the
> evidence had to be presented in court. This also helped the Serbians, as
> Nice sees it:
>
> Through various methods Serbia is determined to leave evidence that could
> show equal moral responsibility of Serbia and of other republics of the
> Former Yugoslavia and their people. Such a method wasn’t unsuccessful in
> situations when, for example, publishing of some essential evidence was
> blocked.
>
> Further, it maintained the indictments which it based and bases either
> upon the lack of evidence or on that such evidence does not exist at all.
> These indictments surfaced even as a part of ICTY working material and you
> can find them in Mrs Del Ponte’s book. Perhaps their fingers could even be
> found behind decisions about who is to be indicted and brought before the

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 581-1536