On 2/16/2014 6:36 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:
We need a movement that rests on transparency and accountability. In that movement, we’d function like the Bolsheviks who kept no secrets from the working class.

That's the real issue.

We are WAY past the point where anyone could imagine toy-bolshevik "security" could keep anything out of the hands of Obama and his gang, and you'd have to be the sort of idiot who would have worshipped at the feet of Bob Avakian for decades --and yet still relies on the power of ritualistic incantantions like, "security culture, security culture," or "four legs good, two legs better"-- to think otherwise.

I only regret that Louis beat me to the point, as I had intended to respond to the inevitable condemnation with my most favorite means of expression, piracy:

*  *  *

MENDING WALL

Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast....

No one has seen them made or heard them made,
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again....

Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence....

'Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.' I could say 'Elves' to him,
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me~
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbors."

[Stolen from Bobby Escarcha]

/\
||_____-----_____-----_____
||   O                  O                 \