On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Greg McDonald <gregm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse me while I shed some crocodile tears.
>
> According to Ihor Slavhorodsky, head of the Donetsk regional branch of the
> Svoboda party, Cherniavsky was the organization's activist and spokesman.
>
> So we know he was a local activist. If I wanted to go CT, I might even
suspect that he was chosen to be the first to die because he fit the
profile, he was right wing. But consider also this letter from Donrtsk
published prophetically 3 days before this stabbing:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116960/letter-donetsk-not-pro-russia-its-menaced-russian-tourists

Donetsk, where I live, was the political base of Viktor Yanukovych, the
> former president of my country. Donetsk gave (political) life to
> Yanukovych. Donetsk will (politically) smash him. This opinion has been
> common in Kiev since the beginning of the Ukrainian revolution. Today it
> has become a reality. There are zero Yanukovych supporters in Donetsk these
> days. People are angry because they have been massively fooled by him and
> his regime.

The revolution gives us this chance, but the counter-revolution has come,
> and come from abroad, from Russia. Russia has invaded the Crimean
> peninsula, as I am sure you know. Ukrainian sailors and soldiers in Crimea
> are under siege on their bases or blockaded in their ships, being treated
> as if they have no right to know the truth and to feel righteous anger.
> These brave men tell us, the 45 million people who support them, that they
> will stay loyal to their oaths of service to Ukraine. I pray that they stay
> alive and no one has to die.
>
> But Crimea is not the only place where we see Russians. Here in
> southeastern Ukraine they come as what we like to call "tourists." This
> means busloads of people are coming from across the border of Russia, armed
> with bats and other unpleasant things, who come to beat Ukrainians who
> support their new government. They came to Kharkiv and beat the students
> there, and now they have come here.

On March 6th, about ten thousand people took part in demonstrations for