On 4/27/2014 10:30 PM, Ralph Johansen wrote:
They have shot themselves in the foot, as far as their actual and potential customer base is concerned
They may have shot themselves in the foot. But it is up to us to make sure the bullet ricochets through their heart and their head, and leaves L&W dead.

I went to a papist high school four and a half decades ago. I was taught that the wages of sin are death. I was not devout even then, but for some reason, when I think of what these parasitical profiteers from L&W are doing, that phrase keeps coming back, the phrase from high school religion class, along with Captain Piccard's Star Trek order: make it so.

Someone messaged me privately saying that I "almost" sounded like I preferred L&W to be destroyed.

I apologize for my lack of clarity. I ABSOLUTELY prefer no "radical" publisher to this imperialist abomination that cheerfully tells academics and other in the Third World to go fuck themselves so L&W can get a few pennies.

Judas Iscariot, at least, got 30 pieces of silver.

But, I hear you object, Judas Iscariot was a traitor.

EXACTLY.

Joaquín