“It’s horrible,” said Petropavlovska. “We never wanted that to happen. We
are sorry these deaths happened.”

“Youths had been manipulated. I myself called the firefighters many times,
and I really can’t understand even now why they took so long to respond,”
she added.

Read more:
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/International/2014/May-05/255360-odessa-blaze-was-a-savage-collision-of-hooliganism-and-politics.ashx#ixzz30ph94xMm
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/world/europe/kievs-reins-weaken-as-chaos-spreads.html?emc=edit_th_20140505&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=58980249&_r=0

"The conflict is hardening hearts on both sides. As the building burned,
Ukrainian activists sang the Ukrainian national anthem, witnesses on both
sides said. They also hurled a new taunt: “Colorado” for the Colorado
potato beetle, striped red and black like the pro-Russian ribbons. Those
outside chanted “burn Colorado, burn,” witnesses said. Swastika-like
symbols were spray painted on the building, along with graffiti reading
“Galician SS,” though it was unclear when it had appeared, or who had
painted it."