NEW BOOK: OUT NOW

THE CRITIQUE OF EVERYDAY LIFE

HENRI LEFEBVRE

50% OFF FOR ONE WEEK ONLY plus WE'RE GIVING AWAY 10 COPIES!

----------

Lefebvre's classic analysis of daily life under capitalism, available for the
first time in this beautifully designed, single-volume, complete edition.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/1623-the-critique-of-everyday-life

----------

"One of the great French intellectual activists of the twentieth century" -
David Harvey

"The last great classical philosopher" - Fredric Jameson

This three-volume text by Henri Lefebvre is perhaps the richest, most prescient
work about modern capitalism to emerge from one of the twentieth century's
greatest philosophers, and is now available for the first time in one complete
volume. Written at the birth of post-war consumerism, Critique was an
inspiration for the 1968 student revolution in France. It is a founding text of
cultural studies and a major influence on the fields of contemporary
philosophy, geography, sociology, architecture, political theory and urbanism.
Lefebvre takes as his starting point and guide the 'trivial' details of
quotidian experience: an experience colonized by the commodity, shadowed by
inauthenticity, yet remaining the only source of resistance and change. This is
an enduringly radical text, untimely today only in its intransigence and
optimism.

FOR ONE WEEK ONLY you can buy THE CRITIQUE OF EVERYDAY LIFE at a 50% discount
on our website, with free shipping AND a bundled ebook! (ends at midnight EST
on 28/05/2014).

Or you can win one of the 10 copies we are giving away. Further details below.

PAPERBACK: May 2014 / 848 pages / ISBN 9781781683170 / $44.95 / £25.99 / $52.00
(Canada)

ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN EBOOK: 9781781683194

http://www.versobooks.com/books/1623-the-critique-of-everyday-life

----------

WE'RE GIVING AWAY 10 COPIES OF THE CRITIQUE OF EVERYDAY LIFE

What makes you angry about daily life in capitalist society? Lefebvre found
both oppression and resistance in the small details of everyday life and wrote
about it over 848 pages - but we want to hear from you in just one sentence!

Send us YOUR one-line critique of everyday life to be in with a chance of
winning!<http://www.versobooks.com/blogs/1595-we-re-giving-away-10-copies-of-lefebvre-s-critique-of-everyday-life>

You can enter by tweeting us (using the hashtag #Lefebvre), posting on our
Facebook wall or on our blog. Extra points will be given for wit, humour,
snark, bracing observation, giddy optimism/pessimism, anachronisms, Lefebvre
references, and emoji. Your entry must only be one sentence.

Here are the links to enter:

TWITTER: http://twitter.com/VersoBooks

FACEBOOK:  https://www.facebook.com/VersoBks

OUR BLOG:
http://www.versobooks.com/blogs/1595-we-re-giving-away-10-copies-of-lefebvre-s-critique-of-everyday-life

The competition ends on Friday (23/05/2014) at 17.00 (EST). 10 copies will be
given away in total and you can enter as many times as you like. Winners will
be picked by Verso and the entries will be posted on our blog after the
competition has ended.

FULL COMPETITION DETAILS ARE HERE:
http://www.versobooks.com/blogs/1595-we-re-giving-away-10-copies-of-lefebvre-s-critique-of-everyday-life

----------

HENRI LEFEBVRE (1901-1991), former resistance fighter and professor of
sociology at Strasbourg and Nanterre, was a member of the French Communist
Party from 1928 until his expulsion in 1957. He was the author of sixty books
on philosophy, sociology, politics, architecture and urbanism.

Visit Verso's website for information on our upcoming events, new reviews and
publications and special offers: http://www.versobooks.com

Sign up for the Verso mailing list:

https://www.versobooks.com/users/sign_up

Become a fan of Verso on Facebook