The Fog Machine of War

The U.S. Military’s Campaign Against Media Freedom

By CHELSEA MANNING
NYTimesSundayReview | Opinion
JUNE 14, 2014

. . .
However, the concerns that motivated me have not been resolved. As
Iraq erupts in civil war and America again contemplates intervention,
that unfinished business should give new urgency to the question of
how the United States military controlled the media coverage of its
long involvement there and in Afghanistan. I believe that the current
limits on press freedom and excessive government secrecy make it
impossible for Americans to grasp fully what is happening in the wars
we finance.
. . .
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/opinion/sunday/chelsea-manning-the-us-militarys-campaign-against-media-freedom.html>

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu