(From Elliot Higgins, aka Brown Moses.)

Hi Louis,

I'm reaching out personally to announce that our Kickstarter to crowdfund Bellingcat is now LIVE.

Here's the actual Kickstarter link: kck.st/1tHQoeu

Our goal is £47,000. Because Kickstarter is all-or-nothing we must reach this goal or we do not get anything.

This goal will bring Bellingcat to life and run the site for six months. If we exceed it, we can run it for longer and do even more.

Here are the numbers: As of today 1,638 of you have signed up to this Bellingcat mailing list. If you each donated £28.69 right now, we would reach our goal.

Rewards for your donations include exclusive access to the beta version of the site (live today!); swag like stickers and t-shirts; an investigative starter kit; Skype sessions; and a chance to be a sponsor on the site.

Please post the campaign on social media, and help spread the word in any way possible. Here is a sample Facebook post/Tweet. Feel free to tweak it or use as is:

Support and share @brown_moses's new open source journalism website @bellingcat. Now on @kickstarter. kck.st/1tHQoeu #bellingcat

The success of this campaign relies on participation. We need your help tweeting, posting on Facebook, sending it to friends, family, and like-minded individuals.

Everything helps. We need you.

My very best,
Eliot

Bellingcat_logo.jpg