on Dienstag, 22. Juli 2014 at 18:23, DW via Marxism wrote:

>  The Vietnamese *won*. The Palestinians? Not so
> much. I think the correct analogy here would be the Ted Offensive, which
> was a lost by the NLF but proceeded the ultimate victory about 8 years
> later.

   Let me quote from a recent short note by Fidel Castro "An unheard of
provocation" on the US-war drive against Russia and the Israeli terror in Gaza:

> At the same time, coinciding with the Malaysian aircraft crime,
> Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, head of the nuclear
> state, ordered his army to invade the Gaza Strip, where, over the
> last several days, hundreds of Palestinians have died, many of them
> children. The President of the United States supported the action,
> describing the repugnant act as legitimate defense.
>
> Obama does not support David against Goliath, but rather Goliath
> against David. As is known, young men and women from the Israeli
> people, well prepared for productive work, are being exposed to a
> death without honor, without glory. I am not aware of the
> Palestinian?s military strategy, but I know that a combatant
> prepared to die can defend even the ruins of a building, as long as
> he has his rifle, as the heroic defenders of Stalingrad demonstrated.

  The Israel government wants the Arabs in the Gaza strip to suffer the fate of
the uprising in the Jewish Ghetto in German-occupied Warsaw, but it might well
be that they rather encounter what the German army suffered at Stalingrad.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu