I think Jeff did a good job on parsing that out. The key point is that
while there were *some* MANPADS available and used by the rebels, there is
clearly no plan that has afforded them these surface-to-air missiles in a
number that would of allowed them to turn away Syrian government air forces.

What that kind of a plan would look like one only has to turn to the highly
successful CIA aided Afghan war against the USSR where such MANPADS, in
this case, Stinger missiles, played one of the most important factors in
driving the USSR out of Afghanistan. When I hear "US aiding rebels", this
is what I think off.

For those that believe the US/Europe/NATO or it's proxies have aided the
rebels,... and there has been some (as one FSA commander interviewed on
national network news state "yes we get aid, but nothing to make a
difference) what kind of aid do think it is that is "flowing" flowing into
Syria for them to use, and what kind? Clearly it's made ZERO difference. So
if it's a rat line then what exactly are these rats back packing over the
border with Turkey.

I want to know because I like military facts because it goes to
relationship of forces and is important politically.

David
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu