Joe's cautionary notes are crucial. When Ferguson broke a million activists
we're saying a) cops are militarized like never before, and b) all their
gear and training is from Israel, and c): a and b
And I repeatedly ranted on facebook about how ahistorical and inaccurate
that was.
Yes, policing evolves. But noting carefully how, when, where and why -- and
when NOT-- is crucial for knowing how to fight back. Otherwise all the
hoo-ha about militarization will become for some an excuse not to fight.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Joseph Catron via Marxism <