This article about the environmental disaster occurring in Louisiana says that
if this were happening in NYC, people would notice it. But this catastrophe has
gone unremarked outside of the state. I have found that New Yorkers, including
leftists, don't for the most part give a shit about the rest of the country. It
is as if we don't exist. One joker asked if I realized that there were more
people in Brooklyn than in many states, implying that Brooklyn was the real
America, as opposed to the places in the sparsely populated regions of the
country where we were living. As if the demise of deserts and canyons and
wetlands don't matter in the real America.  Well, if Brooklyn, at least as far
as its "creative class"is concerned, is the real America, we are all fucked.

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu