#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On slavery in Mexico, Wikipedia says this:

> Slaves were nearly non-existent in the late colonial census of 1792.[9]
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Mexican#cite_note-proctor-9> While
> banned shortly after the beginning of the Mexican War of Independence, the
> practice did not definitively end until 1829.[8]
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Mexican#cite_note-lovell-8>

To restate what I quoted earlier:

> The "Republic of Texas" was a natural outgrowth of the Austin colony which
> brought slavery onto Mexican soil in 1821. In 1825, twenty five per cent of
> the people in Austin’s colony were slaves and by 1836 there were 5,000
> slaves.

Your claim that the defenders of the Alamo:

> they were actually fighting for the arrangements that
> had eliminated slavery.

Is just so much white supremacist propaganda - and on a Marxist list -
which is why I feel compelled to take time out of my busy schedule [working
9 hrs/day in an industrial plant with 4k other workers] to combat it.

The constitution they fought for, the constitution of the "Texas Republic"
legalized slavery in a way neither the US or Mexican constitutions never
did. Again read what I quoted from it above. Your most recent claim that
the re-introduction of slavery onto Mexican soil was just the outcome but
not the cause is again some more white supremacists BS, as is your claim
that the Hispanic population was the driving force behind the Texas revolt.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 581-1536

<http://wlcentral.org/user/2965/track>

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Mark Lause via Marxism <