#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The New York police were in similar revolt against mayor David Dinkins (1990 -
1993)
and massed at City Hall threatening violence against that city's first African
American
mayor for his supporting an effort to establish a civilian review board over
the police.

There have been other instances of USA police who challenged civilian power -
the most famous example was the bloody 1919 Boston Police Strike that was
violently
crushed by the Massachusetts National Guard on the orders of then governor
Calvin Coolidge.
The crushing of the police strike led to Coolidge becoming U. S. president.