#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Ken has certainly extracted the key paragraph.
In general I thought the opening parts praising the huge mobilization were
pretty naive about the range of opinions involved -- a naivete all the more
striking for the authors' admission that the vast majority of Arabs/Muslims
stayed home.
Anyway, this article from today's Times is a scary preview of new
repressive measures -- aimed not at actions, but at any dissent from
"republican values"! And not just repression, but affirmative steps to
mandate their acceptance!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/23/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-attack-leads-to-changes-in-french-schools.html?ref=world&_r=0

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Ken Hiebert via Marxism <