#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

But you didn't succeed, did you? Why on earth did you call your
listserve Marxmail? Isn't that reference sectarian as well?

I'm fully aware that you can't pull things like soviets and dual power out
of a hat, and that the postwar period has been characterized by a growth of
the middle class, and a Western working class more or less accepting of
capitalism. No section of the European population desires revolution at the
moment.

The above, however, in no way implies that the capitalist classes have
become any more reasonable or amenable to a left-Keynesian course. They are
more intractable than ever, and someone, like Veroufakis, who tells people
otherwise, who dangles before them the possibility of a renovated, more
people-friendly EU,  is fostering illusions and setting them up for defeat.
It avails nothing to lead millions if you are leading them into a
cul-de-sac. The purpose of the left must re be to raise popular
consciousness to the point where it is adequate to confronting the ruling
classes in a serious way. Needless to say, this is not an easy thing to do.
But it isn't accomplished by pandering to popular illusions of
some peaceful, electoral way out of the current impasse.

Creegan

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <