#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I think Charlie Post's treatment of Leninism is pretty good on the whole,
but it does contain a couple factual errors:

1)Charlie seems to think that the Comintern did not advocate a party of a
new type until after Lenin's death, or during his fatal illness in 1923.
Actually, the hyper-centralized, disciplined party that came to be known as
Leninist dates from the 21 conditions of admission to the Comintern,
adopted in 1920. The reason for insisting on quasi-military discipline was
to ready Communist parties for what was thought to be the immediate task of
taking power.

2) Charlie writes that Lenin's concept of the revolutionary democratic
dictatorship of the proletariat and peasantry was never formally renounced
by Lenin or the Bolsheviks. Not so, as the following quotation from
Lenin's *Letters
on Tactics *(April, 1917) attests:

"The person who *now* speaks only of a “revolutionary democratic
dictatorship of the proletariat and the peasantry” is behind the times,
consequently, he has in effect *gone over* to the petty bourgeoisie against
the proletarian class struggle; that person should be consigned to the
archive of “Bolshevik” pre-revolutionary antiques (it may be called the
archive of “old Bolsheviks”)"

Jim Creegan.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <