#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As Sandler’s movies have gone downhill over the past decade and a half, however, it increasingly looks like the joke is on us — and has been all along.

On Wednesday, nearly a dozen Native American actors walked off the set of Sandler’s most recent film, “The Ridiculous Six,” citing insulting jokes in Sandler’s script. “The examples of disrespect included Native women’s names such as Beaver’s Breath and No Bra, an actress portraying an Apache woman squatting and urinating while smoking a peace pipe, and feathers inappropriately positioned on a teepee,” Indian Country reported. Sandler stars in the movie. His company, Happy Madison, is producing the film for Netflix.

One actor called the costumes “stereotypical” and the jokes “offensive.”

“We talked to the producers about our concerns,” said another Native American actor, Allison Young. “They just told us, ‘If you guys are so sensitive, you should leave.’ I was just standing there and got emotional and teary-eyed. I didn’t want to cry but the feeling just came over me. This is supposed to be a comedy that makes you laugh. A film like this should not make someone feel this way.

full: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/24/adam-sandler-is-awful-and-its-all-our-fault/