#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I am searching my memory for the details of a struggle in Sudbury, Ontario, in
the mines, about 1971.  There were quite a few francophone workers there.  I
think it was INCO, although it could have been Falconbridge, that decreed that
the language underground should be English only.  I was told that at the
beginning of one shift the workers on the man hoist (which would hold about 48
people) sang some popular French language song, something like Frere Jacques.
This song was well enough known that the anglophone workers could join in and I
was told they did.
                                                ken h