#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/24027

I was hoping some on the list (particularly Michael Karadjis and others who
have been following the Syrian Resistance on the ground more closely) could
give some background/commentary/clarification on what to make of this.

>From what I know, Jumblatt is a member of powerful Lebanese political
family and the head of the Lebanese Druze PSP, and he has had a mixed
relationship with the Hezbollah-Assad axis in the past. As we saw in that
Al Jazeera clip a few months ago, there are some caricatures that are
against Assad who have called for all sorts of terrible crimes to happen on
an ethnic/cultural basis against those groups alleged to be insufficiently
rebellious against Assad, such as the Alawites. We also saw Al Nusra
fighters carrying out a massacre of Druze last week, although the details,
motives, and response from both Nusra and the other factions has been
blurry.

What should we make of this? Is it true that Jumblatt is okay with Al Nusra
killing/forcibly converting Druze, or is that fabricated/propaganda?

Any analysis would be appreciated!

- Amith