#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

http://www.juancole.com/2015/07/displaced-people-selling.html

In addition to this story being gruesome in itself, it also sheds some
context on some of the trolling that was done re: an article I wrote
recently that Louis republished on UM.

Some of the trolls insisted that a woman who had been sullied as an
anti-Semite-enabler was criticized for writing about a military scandal in
which Israeli authorities had engaged in this kind of behavior during the
early 1990s. They claimed (in my view, dishonestly) that she was
reinvigorating the ancient blood libel myth against Jews.

In reality it seems like this kind of disgusting practice can take place in
warzones in which victims have no protection from those who are displacing
them

- Amith