#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

At 01:17 03-08-15 +0200, A.R. G via Marxism wrote:

>Here are some of the other predictable quarters that are defending Weir:

Oh why bother with the endorsement list. Hell, I might have signed that
stupid letter MYSELF! I mean what if someone I TRUSTED came and said "Hey,
this liberal group of Jewish activists (who don't even call themselves
anti-zionist!) is accusing a leading militant of antisemitism and are
refusing to work with her! Could you sign on to this protest, please?"

If anything, what I find unusual about the endorsers list is the few number
of conspicuous leftists. And the few leftists on this list (or on the full
list I also downloaded), have essentially signed on in error as far as I'm
concerned. I try to think that I've become more careful than to make the
mistake I sketched out above, but we all can jump to conclusions or act on
the basis of prejudice.

Outside of those few leftists, the endorsers all believe in promoting the
interests of the United States, as is the avowed purpose of the
organization. The movement most leftists are involved in is solidarity with
Palestine. That difference is clear even if you ignore the connections of
their leader to the far right and antisemitism.

- Jeff