#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

One could add Syriza's disastrous capitulation to the above heading. Not
good, is my first reaction.  Those who thought (and I include myself among
them) that the periphery in South America or in the Arab World would give
birth to a new revolutionary tide are licking their wounds.

It is true that now my attention is swinging back to Europe. I do hope that
is not my Pangloss Reflex in action.  But for all the setbacks, and I do
not deny the seriousness of the  defeats in Egypt, Greece and now
Venezuela,  I still do not believe that in the current period the
Bourgeoisie have won a decisive epoch defining victory. The crucial
battlefield is Europe.  I know that might sound like my Eurocentric
tendency taking hold.  Perhaps, but the Scottish, Spanish, Irish,
Portuguese working classes are still close to revolt.

"It is possible, possible, possible. It must be possible".

comradely

Gary