#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 1:46 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism
> <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> On 12/21/15 1:42 PM, Tristan Sloughter via Marxism wrote:
>> Much of this is in support of what those arguing against the
>> "anti-imperalist" left have been saying, is it not? Sure there is plenty
>> lacking, but he says the US military, Assad regime, Russia and Israel
>> have been coordinating within Syria.
>>
>> I've seen the "anti-imperalist" tankies on twitter become very riled up
>> by this article.
>
> I'll have to keep this in mind. I plan to write something on Hersh's article
> and on Andrew Cockburn's in the latest Harpers that is 100 percent garbage.

For some time now I’ve been trying to anticipate how the cartoonish
anti-imperialist position is going to play out, as and when reality makes it
increasingly impossible to maintain the simplistic and untenable: Will it take
the form of a slow reorientation, possibly imperceptible to the person making
it, so that they come out the other side insisting they had “always believed”
something or other contrary to the Baathist apologetics they engage in now? Or
will there be some kind of genuine reckoning and admission? My money’s on the
former.