#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I was surprised to see an article in my local morning paper on the passing of
Ellen Meiksins Wood.  And I see that the same article was carried in a number
of Canadian papers.  Although I was aware of her work and had read one of her
books in a discussion group, I was not aware of her standing in the academic
world in Canada.  For some papers her connection to Ed Broadbent, a prominent
social democrat, added to the news interest.
                                        ken h

Ellen Meiksins Wood, author and wife of Ed Broadbent

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/ellen-meiksins-wood-author-and-third-wife-of-ed-broadbent-dead-at-73-365339821.html