#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This almost reminds me of  A. James Gregor,  who back in the '60's  wrote *A
Survey of Marxism: Problems in Philosophy and the Theory of History* which was
a reasonably competent survey exposition of Marxist thought with particular
emphasis on the intellectual development of Marx & Engels and on Soviet
philosophy. He also had some interesting things to say on the role of Pavlov's
psychology in Soviet Marxism-Leninism. The book cover's profile of Gregor
mentioned that he had published articles in Science & Society amongst other
places which is curious given his far right associations. He was also described
as having served as a lecturer on Marxism for the Peace Corps. Apparently this
guy has always had interesting associations. On the basis of a web search I
learned that he is considered a leading revisionist historian of Mussolini and
Italian Fascism which he regards as having been a genuinely revolutionary
movement with a rigorous and compelling intellectual foundation. Apparently f
 or Gregor, old Benito wasn't such a bad guy. Gregor is also the author of a
number of academic studies of US foreign policy in relation to such areas as
China and Taiwan and Yugoslavia.

See the Wikipedia article on him:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._James_Gregor

Jim Farmelant