#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I agree with you Phil that the Israeli state is brittle.  The problem is
the at the Zionist enterprise "a land without a people for a people without
a land" was always a fiction, as was the central myth that there were
returning to the Mother Country (Israel) from the Diaspora. the existence
of Palestinians in Palestine (!) meant that ethnic cleansing was always, as
in always, a necessary condition for success.

A second round of ethnic cleansing is absolutely necessary for the Zionist
project, but the political conditions for that project are not there.
Netanyahu is on record at regretting the opportunities that have been
missed- the Six Day war was one such opportunity but it was over so quickly
that the Israelis did not have the time to organize the ethnic cleansing.
So like the Protestants of Ulster they have a demographic time bomb ticking
away.  The two state solution was meant to solve that. But the Greater
Israel mob remain in the political ascendancy and the territorial swaps
needed to make both states viable cannot be sold to either side.

So we have a long lasting "peace process" punctured regularly by slaughter
to test the Palestinian will.  But against all the odds it is increasingly
clear that the Palestinians are heroically staying the course. Gradually as
well the reputation of Israel has begun to stink until now it a scandal
unto the nations and without a moral centre it cannot survive.

comradely

Gary

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Philip Ferguson via Marxism <