#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There seems to be quite a lot of coverage of the Rebellion in papers around
the world at present.

Folks may be interested in the following pieces on my little Irish blog.
The ones that were written by me go back to 1995-96, so are a bit dated -
some very good books have been published since.

But there are a few more recent pieces here too, written by others:

The global-historical significance of the Rising:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/the-global-historical-significance-of-the-1916-rising/

The lesbian fighters of 1916:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/gay-women-and-men-and-1916/

The Easter Rising and the 'blood sacrifice':
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/the-easter-rising-and-the-blood-sacrifice/
     (This is actually mainly to do with Connolly)

The Home Rule crisis:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/chapter-4-the-home-rule-crisis/

The labour and women's movements on the eve of Word War I:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/chapt-5-the-labour-and-womens-movements/

Connolly, Markievicz, the republicans and the debate over 1916:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/connolly-markievicz-the-republicans-and-the-debate-over-1916/

For stuff from 1916-1923 (war of independence, civil war), check out the
category, 'Thesis Chapters'.

Phil