#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/

"For eight years, Sepúlveda, now 31, says he traveled the continent rigging
major political campaigns. With a budget of $600,000, the Peña Nieto job
was by far his most complex. He led a team of hackers that stole campaign
strategies, manipulated social media to create false waves of enthusiasm
and derision, and installed spyware in opposition offices, all to help Peña
Nieto, a right-of-center candidate, eke out a victory. On that July night,
he cracked bottle after bottle of Colón Negra beer in celebration. As usual
on election night, he was alone."....

...."Last year, based on anonymous sources, the Colombian media reported
that Rendón was working for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Rendón
calls the reports untrue. The campaign did approach him, he says, but he
turned them down because he dislikes Trump. “To my knowledge we are not
familiar with this individual,” says Trump’s spokeswoman, Hope Hicks. “I
have never heard of him, and the same goes for other senior staff members.”
But Rendón says he’s in talks with another leading U.S. presidential
campaign—he wouldn’t say which—to begin working for it once the primaries
wrap up and the general election begins."