#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Former Labour prime minister of NZ Helen Clark's laest vanity project is to
to be the first woman to occupy the top job at the UN (she narrowly missed
being first NZ's first female prime minister).  Clark is an ardent
imperialist and was part of the assault on workers' rights here in New
Zealand: https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/the-reign-of-helen-clark/

As for the United nations, check out this new piece: The UN's heavenely
gates:  https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/the-uns-heavenly-gates/

We've reprinted a piece from my favourite Australian left paper, Red Flag,
which is a work story from a Melbourne warehouse:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/whose-time-is-it-anyway-time-distribution-workers-and-alienation/

A short comment from another NZ blog on how the best thing the Labour Party
could do in this, its centenary year, is disband:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/06/felling-labour/

We also look at Labour's continuing anti-Chinese racism - Labour is more
xenophobic than the traditional Tory party - and how, no matter how awful
Labour is, sections of the left still tag along behind:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/more-labour-anti-chinese-racism-and-the-left-tags-along-behind-them-still/

In Dublin, there's a strong challenge to revisionism on WW1 and the 1916
Rebellion:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/more-labour-anti-chinese-racism-and-the-left-tags-along-behind-them-still/

Lastly, if anyone on this list happens to know anyone in Dunedin in NZ,
here's an important event marking the 100th anniversary of the Irish
Rebellion of 1916:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/more-labour-anti-chinese-racism-and-the-left-tags-along-behind-them-still/

Phil