#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The play should be seen in the context of  a right-wing effort to
rehabilitate the Father of American Capitalism, For an earlier effort in this
direction, see my "Are Gilder-Lejrman Titling American History to the Right"
http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/8420.  Gilder (founder of the
Manhattan Institute )has more of less taken over the New-York Historical
Society, and the deeply ideological Hamilton exhibit was one fruit of this
take over. (For N-Y Historical Society honoring Kissinger, see my "N-Y Historical Society Sinks to a New Low" http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/142569S. Say what we will aboout this gang, they are succeeding in the cultuural sphere.

Schuessler's Times article barely scratches the surface of the
political menaing of the play

Jesse Lemisch

#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The Times finally reports on the doubts about “Hamilton” from professional
historians:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/11/theater/hamilton-and-history-are-they-in-sync.html?ref=theater
<http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/11/theater/hamilton-and-history-are-they-in-sync.html?ref=theater>

Glenn