#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 05/06/2016 12:51 AM, Ken Hiebert via Marxism wrote:
  If it can be shown that the money from these events can ease the hardships of
the Cuban people, then a responsible government should allow them.

Isn't it obvious that tourism and its related ills are necessary for Cuba?

Personally, after visiting Cuba, I'm finding Arnold August the most perceptive commentator on events there. I'm reading his book on the late nineties elections

in Cuba at the moment. Here's a sample of his thinking.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2015/01/anarchism-and-communism-in-cuba/

Jon Flanders