#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Should be pretty obvious to all by now that this was what is defined as a
"rage killing" and has all the hallmarks: bullied, not overly popular, poor
work and academic record, closeted gay man in a culture that hates gays
(Florida!). Yet the U.S. wants to blame anything but itself for the
creation of another angry, frustrated individual who feels that violent
aggression is the only solution to his anxiety and fear. Not to minimize
the violence, but it's pretty mundane other than the number of victims as
the back story is drearily the same as most other "rage killers."

One should ask themselves if they can remember a rage killing in the states
where the killer is successful and popular member of the community. Or in
the case of workplace rage killings, ask yourself the last time you heard
about a CEO or other member of management "going crazy" and shooting their
employees?

As long as we have a toxic culture that ignores the consequences of
treating humans like they don't exist and ignoring the isolation and
self-loathing capitalism promotes, we will continue to have "rage
killings."