#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

No question it doesn't end here. these are mutually exclusive projects.
they cannot co-exist. There will be new rounds -- and the right have a lot
on t their side, with the mass media as you say.

The ongoing victory of the Corbynistas is far from guaranteed, but what is
undeniable is they have won this round and it shows there is the energy and
potential to keep strengthening their side.

Corbyn's approach *has* been soft, but I am not sure it will always remain
that way. there is a tendency of the far left to see tactics as strategy
and if someone makes compromises, it must be because they are by nature a
compromiser.

There is no doubt Corbyn, and his supporters in the party and unions, make
compromises when Corbyn was elected -- in a bid to achieve party peace they
told the rest of the PLP there would be no de-selectin campaigns, no
attempt to drive out those who did;t agree with Corbyn. This may well have
been tactically wise -- giving your enemies the rope to hang themselves
with etc. Well, they have hung themselves now, so was it a tactic to
abandon, and leave them swinging, or a strategy of "keeping the party
together", which would see these forces cutting down the right before they
kill themselves.

When the current coup started, one of the first things that Momentum and
key union leaders said was "that agreement is finished". They explicitly
threatened campaigns of de-selection of traitors. Will they follow through
or go back to a compromise stance? It would depend on various factors and
be wrong to predict in advance.

Stuart