#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 7/8/16 9:19 PM, Philip Ferguson via Marxism wrote:

https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/07/09/abbas-kiarostami-a-profoundly-political-film-maker-1940-2016/

I will be writing up a survey on Kiarostami before long but want to mention a film omitted from Yassamine's article that is key to understanding how political he could be. Directed by Jafar Panahi, someone who does make political films (to the point of being arrested for un-Islamic behavior), "Crimson Gold" was written by Kiarostami. My review is here: https://louisproyect.org/2004/10/02/crimson-gold/